I remember my husband Matt venturing into Chanel the day before my birthday. (It was noted it was the day before; limited planning). He returned aghast. “£3,000 for a frock? Who are these people?” He went in and simply picked up a little black dress in that revered Parisiene emporium and plonked it on the counter. I truly wish I’d been there to see the heavily-bearded one be informed of the price tag. I ended up with a keyring.
But come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything designer at full price. I love a knock-out piece but get greater joy when it’s a little knock-down Saint Laurent number. It’s mainly my bank balance that encourages this approach – despite preying for a Lottery win, I am unlikely to ever be in £3,000 frock realms.
I will never forget a pair of Marni block heels that rang in at £39.99 in an outlet store. That’s a price hard to beat on the well-worn High Street. I can barely walk in them, of course but they look divine in my wardrobe and when I do whip them out, they tend to draw all eyes to the prize. “Oh my gosh, are those Marni?” Yes, yes they are – but at a Topshop price. You bag the kudos for the brand and the amazement at your razor sharp financial savviness – win-win.
For truly palpitation-inducing discounts (think up to 90% off Alexander McQueen et al.), you’d be good to check out BrandAlley. From sky scraper heels and on-trend faux fur muffs from all your designer favourites, this is your one-stop-shop for the best deals on the fashion block. While you have to wait a couple of weeks for your item (time apart makes the heart grow fonder, no?), you’ll be able to swoop in on all those sales and know it’s in the bag. And, relax.
If waiting isn’t your game, then fear not, BrandAlley will be right up your, well, street. The permanent outlet is brimming with designer must-haves that can be in your sweaty palms within 2-4 working days. Think that coveted pair of Jimmy Choos landing on your doorstep at the click of a button. Dreaming is believing.
More than anything, my Ma always told me to invest in ‘good quality basics’ and fuelled by that maternal advice and a need for The Stuff, I’d say it’s in the bag. The Gucci bag, of course.
To win this exclusive Alexander Wang bag (the one I’m sporting), click here to enter. If you use the code PUKKA10, you’ll get £10 off when you spend £50. This offer lasts until 26 March. Y’are welcome.
Terms and conditions
- Register with BrandAlley for a chance to win.
- Prize Alexander Wang Black Leather Small Diego Bucket Bag.
- The competition runs between 13/03/17 & 20/03/17
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize.
- There is no cash alternative.
- One entry per person.
- UK entries only.
- Employees and agents of BrandAlley and its associated companies (including the families of such employees and agents) are not eligible to enter the competition, nor is anyone connected with the competition.
- The eligibility of any entrant is at BrandAlley’s sole discretion.
- The Winners will be selected at random by Mini Web Tool.
- The Winners will be informed via message on Email.
- BrandAlley does not accept any responsibility for inability to submit entries or receive email communications as a result of computer service, systems and/or server failure, error, interruption, defect or delay or any other technical malfunction.
- The Winners will have one week to respond to the confirmation email.
- Failure to respond within a week gives BrandAlley the right to select a new winner.
This blog post was created in partnership with BrandAlley.